Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I hate it when people don't take themselves seriously

A couple of days ago, I heard that tired old cliche once again, "I take life seriously, I just don't take myself seriously."

Can anyone explain to me what the hell that's supposed to mean? If you don't take yourself seriously, who is?

Do you not take your health seriously? How about your family, your friendships, your relationships? Are you serious about your work? All of that and much more is you.

Life goes by rapidly. At the end, I doubt too many people would say "I wish I had taken those things less seriously."

My goal is for these blogs to be about communication. That includes the way we talk to ourselves. Little is gained and much is lost by diminishing ourselves. My life is important to me as I hope yours is to you.

No comments: